Check our Facebook page for the latest Covid-19 Updates
COVID-19 UPDATE 5/1/20-
In light of the recent information about COVID-19 (coronavirus), we want to assure you that your health and safety and the health of your pet, is of our utmost concern. We are doing all we can to keep, you, your pet and our staff as healthy as possible.
1) Effective Monday, 3/30/20, we will REQUIRE all appointments to be curbside appointments.
Call when you arrive and we will come to your vehicle to get your pet from the car. We will call you a day in advance of your appointment to secure any needed information from you including reason for the visit, symptoms, etc. If we do not reach you, we will get this information when you arrive. One of our doctors will perform an exam on your pet and call with their findings, estimate and treatment plan. After any diagnostics and treatments are done, we will call when your pet is ready. You can pay over the phone at this time. Call again when you return to pick your pet up and a staff member will bring your pet to your car.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
2) We will be REQUIRING curbside service for medication and food pickup. Please call and let us know that you would like to take advantage of this service prior to arriving. When you have arrived, please stay in your car and give us a call. We will bring your products to you.
3) We STRONGLY encourage you to take advantage of our drop off appointments. Call us to make an appointment and let us know you would like the drop off option. Call when you arrive and we will come get your pet from the car. One of our doctors will perform an exam on your pet and call with their findings, estimate and treatment plan. After any diagnostics and treatments are done, we will call when your pet is ready. You can pay over the phone at this time. Call again when you return to pick your pet up and a staff member will bring your pet to your car.
4) We will also offer medication delivery to local Marion residents and select Cedar Rapids locations. This is reserved for our high risk (elderly, immunocompromised, etc.) clients or those unable to make it in. We can mail medications to any other areas that we serve.
5) We can also offer a telemedicine visit on Apple devices depending on the illness or condition needing to be evaluated. If you are interested in this, please let us know and we will.
6) If your pet is coming due for a rabies vaccine you may want to consider setting up a technician appointment to get the vaccine before it expires to insure you can stay on the 3 year cycle. This would be a precautionary step in case we are ever required to reduce visits or close based on state requirements.
We are monitoring the CDC and American Veterinary Medical Association's recommendations closely. At this time infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that dogs and cats can become ill with COVID-19 or that they can spread it to other animals or people.
Please know we have everyone’s health in mind, if you are classified as "at risk", immunocompromised, ill or experiencing flu like symptoms, (cough, lethargy, fever) please stay home and call us and we will try our best to serve you and your pet.
With your health in mind,
Dr. Nathan Hein & HAH Staff